Yesterday, I decided to stroll around my hood (Jenta Adamu), I saw two little children walking home after school, I was convinced to ask them few questions.
Me: What are your names
Them: Simi and Rot
Me: What are you discussing
Simi: Uncle our mummy said we should not spent time to return from school so bye bye.
Rot: Uncle Simi said I failed my assignment and she'll not give me her car to play with.
Immediately, they both ran away without even thinking twice. I want to let us know today that big achievement starts from little beginning. I was so happy to hear my younger ones discussing issues that could bring solution to the contemporary problems we're facing.
I was also perplexed because children are now challenging themselves towards greatness, but the question is how can we as parents invest in this?
As parents, we equally have a huge task at hand, we've failed in the past such that the society is now paying us back with crimes in all ramifications. But trust me, we can still revamp our lost glory.
- Teach your children more about your faith
- Teach your children morals not heinous attitude.
- Teach your children sex education.
- Start building them towards their goals and aspirations
- Teach them how to separate good from bad and not to stop them from playing with neighbors.
- Teach them about who holds the future.
We can rewrite our story by bringing the young generation into light.
©Vanwest 2021

No comments:
Post a Comment